right here, write now
Our mission: To foster the writing arts, sustain a vital North Central Washington writing community and nurture writers from inspiration to publication.
A Writing Organization for You
Have you always wanted to write a novel?
Does your family memoir yearn for the light of day?
Do you have short stories, poetry, freelance articles, non-fiction book ideas?
Whatever your writing goals are, Write On The River can help!
Write on the River Can Help You
Share your work in progress
- Our seasonal Writers Meeting Writers networking events give an opportunity to read your work in public in a supportive environment.
- We help connect writers of different abilities and interests in writing groups and provide guidelines to get them started.
Learn from experts
- Nationally and internationally-recognized authors headline our annual spring conference workshops and keynote address.
- Professional editors and literary agents provide practical feedback at conference appointments and at other events throughout the year.
Connect with other writers
- Become a Write on the River Member to enjoy discounted conference fees, special Members-only events, and other great benefits
- Participate in exciting initiatives like our National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) group and our “Writing Craft” Book Clubs through the North Central Regional Library